Graeme Davy posted an update 3 months ago
I wrote an article a few years ago on Orders for Sale, following the grant of a Charging Order., which is still relevant today https://www.gordonsllp.com/an-opportunity-to-recover-that-old-debt/
They are still very uncommon. We do a handful year and have a couple on at the moment.
Creditors generally are reluctant to apply for an order for sale given the potential impact, especially if the property is residential. Most of the Orders for Sale cases I deal with are 5/6 figure debts where the property is either commercial or £1m+ valued residential.
Does anybody know where I’d find some up to date national stats as they don’t seem to be published anymore. The last figures I have are for 2013 when there were 222 orders nationwide?
Also, how do people feel about going down this route?
- EBay files lawsuit against Amazon over 'seller recruitment' 17 October, 2018
- Benefits errors trigger £5,000 refunds for ESA claimants 17 October, 2018
- Trump launches process to quit 144-year-old postal treaty 17 October, 2018
- Wembley: Shahid Khan withdraws 'divisive' offer to buy national stadium from FA 17 October, 2018
- Noor Inayat Khan or Harry Maguire: Who will be on the new £50 note? 17 October, 2018
- Lawyers for Brazil's president ask top court to annul police graft accusations 17 October, 2018
- More Honduran migrants seek to join U.S.-bound group in Guatemala 17 October, 2018
- At least one dead, dozens hurt as thousands protest graft in Haiti 17 October, 2018
- Trump reluctant to abandon Riyadh over missing journalist, wants evidence 17 October, 2018
- New Look fashions retreat from Chinese market 17 October, 2018
- Fed keeps rate path despite emerging market 'stress' 17 October, 2018
- 180,000 may get £5,000 each in benefit back payments 17 October, 2018
- Wembley Stadium sale off as billionaire pulls out 17 October, 2018
- Apple launches privacy website ahead of EU speech 17 October, 2018