Graeme Davy posted an update 4 days, 2 hours ago
I wrote an article a few years ago on Orders for Sale, following the grant of a Charging Order., which is still relevant today https://www.gordonsllp.com/an-opportunity-to-recover-that-old-debt/
They are still very uncommon. We do a handful year and have a couple on at the moment.
Creditors generally are reluctant to apply for an order for sale given the potential impact, especially if the property is residential. Most of the Orders for Sale cases I deal with are 5/6 figure debts where the property is either commercial or £1m+ valued residential.
Does anybody know where I’d find some up to date national stats as they don’t seem to be published anymore. The last figures I have are for 2013 when there were 222 orders nationwide?
Also, how do people feel about going down this route?
- Tax rise needed to fund NHS spending boost, says watchdog 17 July, 2018
- EU signs its biggest free trade deal with Japan 17 July, 2018
- Arsenal caught up in fraud probe at carmaker sponsor 17 July, 2018
- Amazon's European workers strike as Prime promotion continues 17 July, 2018
- Wage growth slows despite jobless fall 17 July, 2018
- Authorities in Nicaragua have killed, imprisoned and tortured people: U.N. 17 July, 2018
- Russian establishment chalks up Trump summit as a win for Putin 17 July, 2018
- UK PM May's spokesman says Trump's meeting with Putin does not undermine transatlantic alliance 17 July, 2018
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days 17 July, 2018
- Watchdog takes aim at NHS 'Brexit dividend' 17 July, 2018
- Carney sees 'big' consequences in no deal Brexit 17 July, 2018
- Wage growth at weakest level since January 17 July, 2018
- Amazon boss Bezos is richest man in modern history 17 July, 2018
- Horror for Netflix as it misses subscriber targets 17 July, 2018