Latest News Headlines
Commercial Credit News
|Siemens Financial Services appoints Paul Walsh as Regional Corporate Director for Invoice Finance|
|Thursday, 13 April 2017|
Siemens Financial Services (SFS) has appointed Paul Walsh as Regional Corporate Director for its Invoice Finance team. In post since November 2016, Paul, who is based in Birmingham, is responsible for providing and developing invoice finance services for clients across both East and West Midlands, as well as the wider UK central region to include the Stoke-on-Trent, Telford, Worcester, Oxford, Norwich and Lincoln areas. He will work to build a client base of SMEs and large corporates from a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, engineering, printing, wholesale, pharmaceutical, recruitment, hospitality and more.
Paul joins the leading international specialist financier bringing with him a career of almost 30 years in the corporate financial sector. Paul was previously with Bibby Financial Services, the UK’s largest independent invoice finance company, where he served as Regional Corporate Sales Manager. Prior to that, he spent 25 years at Barclays Bank as Regional Sales Manager.
Launched in 2015, Siemens Financial Services, Invoice Finance team offers small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) a range of financial products designed to bridge the gap between the delivery of goods or services and the receipt of payments from customers. Using this service means that when a company invoices their customer, up to 90% of the approved invoice total is immediately advanced by SFS, with the remaining 10% paid once their customer settles the balance. This provides the company with essential working capital so it can then invest in expanding its business without having to wait for bills to be paid.
Speaking about his new role, Paul said, “The opportunity to work for a respected, global brand drew me to this role. Invoice finance is rapidly growing in popularity and as a recently launched service by SFS, I’m looking forward to working with a new team to develop the service and helping a wide range of new clients to grow their businesses and plan for the future.”
Welcoming Paul to his new post, Ian Cole, Head of Invoice Finance, SFS, said, ”I’m delighted to welcome Paul to the team. His impressive experience in the financial sector will be a valuable asset to our growing and popular service. We have already built a diverse portfolio of clients since we launched in October 2015 and we are looking forward to an exciting future chapter of helping more businesses achieve their growth aspirations.”
Forums International Ltd
Attendance at your first meeting is free of charge, and please quote reference 'CCR2016' to receive the special 10% discount off of your first annual subscription.
Find out more here.
The latest edition of CCR Magazine, the leading editorial publication in the UK credit industry, is out.
CCR is the premier magazine for consumer and credit professionals. It provides an independent voice to the industry, breaking major news stories and running in-depth features.
As a magazine, it works with and campaigns on behalf of the credit industry to promote its importance as a centre of potential profit and business development to the wider business world.
Providing information and analysis for thousands of senior credit professionals worldwide, every quarter.
GTS Media Ltd
81 Cambridge Road
Registered in England No: 05483197