CCR Magazine

CCRi banner ad
You are here  :Home arrow News arrow Over 41% of companies without EDI
Contact Us Newsletter Signup RSS Feeds

Latest News Headlines

Headlines

 
Commercial Credit News

Headlines

 
Over 41% of companies without EDI PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 08 February 2017
Over 41% of businesses have no electronic data interchange (EDI) capability and 21% just use web portals, a new survey conducted by leading EDI company, Data Interchange, reveals.  “Businesses failing to adopt EDI, or who are not fully utilising its capabilities through integration with ERP systems, are exposing themselves to significant risk through increased errors and process inefficiencies. If businesses wish to engage with their customers and suppliers more effectively, with fewer errors and with reduced risk of expensive failures, then they must become part of a seamless supply chain that uses integrated EDI,” said Colin Fisher, Head of Sales at Data Interchange. 

Of the 37% of companies that do have their own EDI capability, around 30% outsource to a third party, leaving approximately 70% to manage their EDI internally.

“Perceptions of cost, implementation complexity and ROI, as well as having the necessary staff, are all possible contributors to a low adoption of EDI,” said Fisher. “These issues are addressed by outsourcing to a managed service, which, as this survey suggests, is a growing trend.”

The survey, which questioned 138 individual companies, went on to show that invoices (both inbound and outbound) and dispatch notes (ASNs) were the most popular types of messages exchanged. This was followed by forecasts, orders and order confirmations. Bill of materials, credit and debit notes and delivery confirmations were used a lot less.

Commenting on the survey, Colin Fisher said: “The findings of this survey substantiates Data Interchange’s view of the challenges that exist for companies seeking to exchange message documents cost effectively, securely, efficiently and without error. EDI is clearly the enabler and outsourcing to a specialist provider is the best way of managing the process, leaving a company to concentrate on its core competence.”
 
CCRI
3 October - Guoman Tower Hotel, Central London 

CCRInteractive, in association with Marston Holdings , is the largest and leading one-day conference from the publishers of CCRMagazine – a truly national and international event for the credit industry.

This landmark event allows delegates to: Learn best practice of how to increase profitable sales in today’s economy. Understand the key compliance issues and how they will impact upon you. Discuss the legislative and regulatory framework and how it will effect you. Consider the potential effects of Brexit on your business. Discover the latest innovations in the market to improve your collections. Motivate your staff to achieve ever improved results.

To book to attend in 2017, contact Stephen Kiely  or Alison Lucas. To find out more about being part of this landmark event, please contact Gary Lucas
CCRI 

 Forums International Ltd

Forums International Ltd

 Attendance at your first meeting is free of charge, and please quote reference 'CCR2016' to receive the special 10% discount off of your first annual subscription.

Find out more here.

latest issue

CCR Cover

The latest edition of CCR Magazine, the leading editorial publication in the UK credit industry, is out.

Read the latest issue online

The Credit Excellence Awards

Awards 

Tuesday 3 October - Guoman Tower Hotel, Central London


Do not miss your chance to meet and network with the Winners and Finalists at the Credit Excellence Awards, in association with Hoist Finance.


To book your place to attend, please contact Alison Lucas.


subscriptions

CCR is the premier magazine for consumer and credit professionals. It provides an independent voice to the industry, breaking major news stories and running in-depth features.

As a magazine, it works with and campaigns on behalf of the credit industry to promote its importance as a centre of potential profit and business development to the wider business world.

Subscribe to CCR Magazine

CCR World Magazine


 

Providing information and analysis for thousands of senior credit professionals worldwide, every quarter.

Find out more

GTS Media Ltd
81 Cambridge Road
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
SS1 1EP

Registered in England No: 05483197