Latest News Headlines
Commercial Credit News
|Conveyancing Association announces new partnership with InfoTrack|
|Monday, 27 June 2016|
The Conveyancing Association (CA), the leading trade body for the conveyancing industry, has today announced a new partnership with InfoTrack, a new conveyancing services provider.
The partnership will run throughout 2016 and will involve a series of sponsorships, initiatives and opportunities for InfoTrack to engage with the CA and its member firms.
As part of this close working relationship, InfoTrack have been announced as the Headline Sponsor of the CA’s Annual Conference and Dinner, which is taking place in London at Chelsea Football Club’s Stamford Bridge ground on the 1st December.
The theme of the Conference will be ‘Modernising Conveyancing’ and will specifically focus on the soon-to-be published ‘Call for evidence’ on the homebuying process from the Department of Business Innovation and Skills (BIS). A number of panel debates will take place on various areas likely to feature prominently in the ‘Call for evidence’ including:
· The leasehold process – reviewing how the leasehold process can be sped up and providing a fit-for-purpose redress scheme for Lease Administrators to reduce delay and cost.
· Access to Local Authority data –improving access to local search information via Local Authorities.
· Using technology – how can we help unbundle the legal process and use technology such as client platforms to complete online forms, use e-signatures, etc.
· Introducing greater certainty into the transaction – looking at how consumers might have the option to use a reservation agreement which provides for costs on a transaction fall-through and a deadline for exchange.
· Lender relationships – providing clearer instructions between conveyancers and lenders.
· Anti-Money laundering process – reviewing whether AML checks should be carried out by every party in the transaction or would it be better to appoint one party to carry this out?
· Transparency – would a chain matrix and secure portal make a difference?
· Up-front information – understanding how we might be able to secure client information early and verify it to anticipate additional enquiries.
· Providing client options earlier – offering the consumer options available to them, for example, a reservation agreement, sale by tender, auctions, etc, earlier in the process so as to help them make an informed choice about their marketing options and preparing their title for sale.
InfoTrack have also been invited to present their views at the conference to over 250 delegates and will be looking at how implementing simple and enjoyable technology can make a huge difference to conveyancing firms.
InfoTrack provide an online platform that connects conveyancers directly to all the key websites used to perform the tasks involved in the conveyancing process including Land Registry Searches, Conveyancing Searches, SDLT Submissions, AP1 Transfers and more. By utilising simple, smart technology, with InfoTrack, conveyancers enjoy the convenience of managing all associated documents with one log-in, one window and one consolidated monthly bill.
Lloyd Davies, Operations Director at the Conveyancing Association, commented: “Broadening and strengthening the relationships we have with stakeholder firms in the conveyancing market has been a priority for the Association in recent months and we are therefore very pleased to announce this new partnership. Our aim is to work with like-minded businesses that are focused on delivering quality services to our member firms and we feel we have certainly partnered with such a business in InfoTrack. Not only will they be Headline Sponsors of our Annual Conference and Dinner in December this year, but we will work closely throughout the year to explore mutually-beneficially work streams to support our members. It promises to be a very healthy relationship for all concerned and we believe CA member firms will support this and seek to engage with InfoTrack and the services it delivers.”
Adam Bullion, General Manager of Marketing at InfoTrack, said: “We are particularly pleased to be supporting The Conveyancing Association. We share a common theme in challenging what is generally accepted as the norm and evolving working practices for the benefit of the conveyancer. We are looking forward to supporting the Conveyancing Association’s Annual Conference and Dinner where we will be delivering information that will make conveyancers think differently about technology in the workplace.”
Forums International Ltd
Attendance at your first meeting is free of charge, and please quote reference 'CCR2016' to receive the special 10% discount off of your first annual subscription.
Find out more here.
The latest edition of CCR Magazine, the leading editorial publication in the UK credit industry, is out.
CCR is the premier magazine for consumer and credit professionals. It provides an independent voice to the industry, breaking major news stories and running in-depth features.
As a magazine, it works with and campaigns on behalf of the credit industry to promote its importance as a centre of potential profit and business development to the wider business world.
Providing information and analysis for thousands of senior credit professionals worldwide, every quarter.
GTS Media Ltd
81 Cambridge Road
Registered in England No: 05483197