Latest News Headlines
Commercial Credit News
|Cabot Credit Management Announces Financial Results for the 9 months ending 30 September 2015|
|Thursday, 26 November 2015|
Cabot Credit Management, a market-leading acquirer and manager of consumer debt, today announced the financial results for the nine months ending 30 September 2015.
“We have demonstrated strong productivity through the nine months to 30 September 2015. Adjusted EBITDA has grown by 14% to £145.5 million, which is up from £128.0 million in the corresponding period in 2014,“ said Ken Stannard, Chief Executive Officer. “Our strong growth was aided by the addition of dlc and Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to our group, and in October we continued that momentum by completing the acquisition of a contingent collections platform in Spain, Gesif. We also acquired a number of Spanish portfolios, representing a significant step in our plans for European expansion.
“On 11 November 2015, the group issued €310 million of floating rate notes at a coupon rate of 5.875% above Euribor. The proceeds have been used to repay the bridge facility utilised for the acquisition of dlc, and to pay down the existing RCF, therefore providing the group with substantial funds for further portfolio and corporate acquisitions.
“Also during this period we won two prestigious awards at the annual Credit Excellence Awards, the first for Compliance and the second, through our law firm, Mortimer Clarke Solicitors, for Legal and Enforcement.”
Sustained growth for Cabot Credit Management (CCM)
· 120-month Estimated Remaining Collections (ERC) increased 21% to more than £1.9 billion from £1.6 billion for the same period in 2014
· Debt purchase collections increased 25% from £178.9 million to £222.7 million compared to the same period in 2014. Adjusted EBITDA increased 14% from £128.0 million to £145.5 million compared to the same period in 2014.
· Although the market is very competitive, £246 million of purchases, including the dlc portfolio , have been committed for 2015 enabling CCM to achieve its full year purchasing target ahead of the expected timing.
Business strategy and operations
· Completed the transition of all debt purchase operations to the same collections platform and the optimisation process is now underway
· Footprint in continental Europe established with the purchase of Spain-based Gesif.
· The process for applying the Marlin non-paying accounts strategy to the dlc back book of accounts is underway. The equivalent activity on the Cabot back book continues to exceed the expectations set at the point when Cabot and Marlin joined.
· FCA visited CCM on 10 November, and we await detailed feedback. However, no significant issues were raised during the visit
Forums International Ltd
Attendance at your first meeting is free of charge, and please quote reference 'CCR2016' to receive the special 10% discount off of your first annual subscription.
Find out more here.
The latest edition of CCR Magazine, the leading editorial publication in the UK credit industry, is out.
CCR is the premier magazine for consumer and credit professionals. It provides an independent voice to the industry, breaking major news stories and running in-depth features.
As a magazine, it works with and campaigns on behalf of the credit industry to promote its importance as a centre of potential profit and business development to the wider business world.
Providing information and analysis for thousands of senior credit professionals worldwide, every quarter.
GTS Media Ltd
81 Cambridge Road
Registered in England No: 05483197