Serrala, the international leading provider of solutions for inbound and outbound payments and related finance processes, today announced innovative extensions of its Managed Services Portfolio. Besides the existing managed services for cash application, Serrala now also offers services that allow organizations to outsource complex payment functions so they can react faster to corporate or industry challenges and changes. Ongoing changes in the banking relationships, emerging payment methods and standards, and continuously evolving regulatory requirements are just a few examples of the dynamic pace of the payments industry. Serrala’s Managed Services enable customers to accelerate payments innovation while providing peace of mind. With the strong growth of cloud solutions and services, Serrala’s Managed Services portfolio combines the benefits of the cloud with the ability to outsource a complex process to an expert provider.
“Outsourcing the operational tasks and functions around inbound and outbound payments frees up time for business-wide, value-added activities,” said Mickey Vonckx, VP Managed Services of Serrala. “Serrala’s Managed Services offering provides modular services addressing treasury’s pain-points within the entire accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, data analytics and document management functions helping organizations to improve operations and cut costs.”
“Market forces are driving the need for increased agility of organizations to manage their payments and related finance processes in a global market. Building on our extensive experience in providing powerful global financial software solutions, managed services is a strategic initiative for Serrala to extend and enhance the support options for our clients. With our managed services offering we empower clients to respond quickly to changing demands and to benefit from the deep knowledge of Serrala.” said Sven Lindemann, CEO of Serrala.
Serrala’s Managed Services Portfolio is continuously enhanced and provides specialized functionality including:
- Conversion – transforming data or documents into required target formats
- Connectivity – to banks, services, storage areas, enterprise systems
- Optimization – rationalizing information and validates it against master data; improved with AI
- Matching – using intelligent robotic automation to auto-post invoices, auto-match receivables and payments, remittance advice information etc.
- Fraud & Compliance – preventing fraud, ensuring data privacy
- Archiving – regular archiving and purging data according to best practices
- Analytics – detailed reports and analytics that ensure compliance and provide global transparency